Friday 17 September 2010

Work up-to-date = blog behind

I can't believe I didn't post anything in August and that I just went and lost the blog post I created - double frustration! I have been unwell recently which meant that I got really, really behind with editing the photos from my shoots in August. I'm pleased to say that I've caught up now but the blog has suffered as a result. I also have a huge to-do list that just isn't getting done at the moment - perhaps I should write it down rather than keeping it all in my head?

I'll have to do another blog/shoot catch up over the next few days again to show you what I've been up to during the last month. As the shoots were summery, hopefully it will remind you of that as we go into Autumn. I have to say that I'm really looking forward to the coming season, mostly because I love the dark so I'll be able to go and take some photos of Bournemouth at night without having to stay up too late, and I'm also developing some ideas for when the leaves start to drop.

Anyway, on to some pictures. You may remember Sammy from a previous blog post and she decided that she would like to have some more photos, but this time a beach bikini shoot. We chose the coldest, windiest day of the summer to shoot and I had my work cut out to try and make it look warm afterwards...

Sammy Beach 1


I'm not quite sure how Sammy managed to pose and not look freezing cold. I was cold and I had jeans and a jumper on. In fact I was so cold that I was struggling to work the camera. The wind that day was bitterly cold and I was amazed that she braved the water.

Sammy Beach 2

I love this next shot so much. I did love it in colour but Sammy likes black and white so I did a conversion for her and I was converted too! I hope you enjoy this one as much as I do.

Sammy Beach 3

The whole shoot was done in about half an hour and was all natural light, with the best photographs shown above. We had planned several outfit changes but sadly the weather just wasn't on our side that day for a bikini shoot. Sammy was very brave to attempt to shoot at all and I was pleased with what we achieved.

If you would also like to be a beach goddess, contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment