Monday 5 July 2010

Business planning

Business planning is such fun, don't you think? Well no, not really. I know that the likes of Damien Lovegrove and Julia Boggio get their kicks from writing their business plans and tweaking their spreadsheets but I have to say that I don't particularly enjoy it. I find it about as interesting as team building events - and they just send me to sleep.

The business plan is a crucial piece of the jigsaw however if you want to be successful. Trying to work out where you need to go and what you need to do is near-on impossible without it. You just end up floundering because you lack focus and ultimately, you will fail so despite my lack of motivation, I have been planning my little socks off - to the point where I feel like I have run a marathon. It's surprising how much time it takes too because it's taken me several days already. Once it's complete however, I'll then be able to put my action steps (or my road map) in for the coming weeks and months so that I can then get back to taking photographs, safe in the knowledge that I know where I'm going.

As for the coming week, well I've got several models booked for some fashion images in this lovely weather we're having so watch this space!

1 comment:

  1. Look forward to seeing the results of your fashion shoots!

    ReplyDelete